For advanced students, highly selective Artisan Apprenticeships are possible in the following areas:
- Book Binding & Paper Art
The apprentice works on site at least one day a week in the artisan’s studio in Florence. Under the mentorship of the artisan, the apprentice learns advanced techniques of craftsmanship based on Tuscan approaches developed over centuries.
- home institution’s approval
- completion of at least one advanced-level course in the proposed area of the apprenticeship or equivalent work experience
If you meet these requirements, please email the SACI Registrar a statement indicating:
- the term in which you intend to study at SACI
- your home institution and your background in the proposed apprenticeship area
- why you would like to undertake a apprenticeship in that area while at SACI
- please include a resume and attach your portfolio (when attachments are large files, please break down and send as more than one smaller email).
The Registrar will confirm receipt of these materials and will arrange for the appropriate artisan to review them. If you do not receive confirmation, it means that your email did not go through; this could happen when the attachments are large.
Students are considered for the Artisan Apprenticeship when the Registrar receives their email. Artisan Apprenticeship opportunities are limited: students interested in applying for them should contact the Registrar as soon as possible.
Credits – 3 : Offered – Fall, Spring, Late Spring, Summer
Prerequisite – Completion of advanced-level course in area of apprenticeship or equivalent work experience