Undergraduates in good standing at any college, university, or art school with a minimum GPA of 2.75 or equivalent grades are invited to apply to our Academic Year Program or Academic Semester Program. Independent US or international students who meet equivalent standards may also apply.
Please read the following list carefully, to learn about the requirements for a complete application:
- The completed application form (to be compiled online) and a $70 non-refundable processing fee. Applicants may pay online with Mastercard, Visa, or Discover credit cards. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, you are requested to contact the SACI New York office before submitting your application.
- Students already enrolled in (or graduated from) post-secondary institutions must send copies of their transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. (For students enrolled in SACI Consortium schools, a copy of their most recent transcript is sufficient.) Applicants who have been out of school for more than three years should submit a resume.
- High school graduates who are not already attending post-secondary institutions must submit sealed official transcripts from their high school.
- Applicants currently enrolled in an academic institution must have their study abroad advisor fill out the Study Abroad Advisor form. Click here to download the form. Mail the Study Abroad Advisor form to the NY office with the other required documents. Please have the advisor contact your Registrar to determine if BGSU transcripts are required by your school.
- Five passport-size photos. Photos must be in color, on photo quality paper, and 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size. Your first and last name must be written on the back of each photo.
- If you are a student not currently enrolled in an academic institution, you must submit a one-page essay describing your artistic and/or academic goals and influences and your reasons for wishing to enhance them by studying abroad at SACI, and one letter of recommendation (academic preferred). You can download a form for the recommendation letter from the downloads section of the website.
Students are automatically eligible for courses at the intermediate or advanced level or with pre-requisites when their home institution’s transcript lists the previous courses required.
When the pre-requisites have not been met, a portfolio of at least 6 artworks is essential so the appropriate Area Head can determine if you are eligible for the class. The New York Admissions Office will give instructions on how to submit these online.