- About Saci
- Founder's Statement
- SACI History
- SACI Slideshow
- Trustees & Councils
- SACI Consortium
- FAQ about SACI
- Download SACI Viewbook
- Study at Saci
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Internships & Apprenticeships
- Special Archaeology Program
- Non-Credit Studies
- Field Trips
- How to Apply
- Non-US Student Admissions
- Application Deadlines
- Dates & Fees
- Scholarship Information
- SACI Scholarships
- Federal Aid
- More Scholarship Sources
- Downloads & Forms
- Application FAQ
- Student Life
- News & Press
Study abroad is an investment in your future from which you will reap lifelong rewards. It will forever change the way you perceive yourself and the world around you. Studio Art Centers International makes every effort to make study abroad an achievable goal for every student.
Any/all financial aid received from a U.S. college or university can be transferred to cover fees for study at SACI. SACI also offers a generous scholarship awards program for deserving students (note: SACI scholarships only apply to the Fall and Spring terms).
(Please click on the headings below for more information on scholarships offered at SACI)
A number of scholarship opportunities are available for undergraduate and graduate study at SACI (see the voice "SACI Scholarships" on the "Admissions" drop-down menu for specific information on each scholarship offered at SACI). SACI scholarships are available for the Fall and Spring terms only. Four full scholarships and a large number of partial scholarships are offered annually. All SACI scholarships are based on both artistic and academic ability and financial need. Students interested in applying for a SACI scholarship MUST check the appropriate box on the SACI application form and complete all application requirements.
Complete scholarship applications must be received by:
|Fall Term||March 15|
|Spring Term||October 15|
Please read the following list carefully, as all requirements must be met in order to apply for a SACI scholarship. To apply for a SACI scholarship students need to:
- Indicate on the application form that they are applying for a scholarship.
- Submit a portfolio of 15-20 images, five minutes of time-based work, or two art history writing samples. Portfolios should demonstrate your strongest and most recent artwork either in a breadth of media or a media focus. You must submit your portfolio of work online, via SACI’s electronic portfolio provider. SACI does not require a payment for submitting an ePortfolio. Upon submission of your SACI application, you will receive an email with a link for your ePortfolio submission. Acceptable file formats and sizes for ePortfolios are: Images: JPEG at a resolution of 72 dpi which must be no larger than 600 pixels in the longest direction. Videos: .flv, .wv,.mov—up to 60 MB each and no longer than five minutes. Text documents: PDF format up to 10 MB each. All media submissions must include an inventory list with title, medium, size, date, and description.
- Provide a statement of Intent regarding why you plan to study at SACI.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (SACI’s Federal School Code is G30501) at least four weeks in advance of the above deadlines. US citizens or permanent residents are responsible for submitting a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR) to SACI by the scholarship deadline. International applicants who are not eligible to complete the FAFSA must submit SACI's International Student Financial Information Questionnaire (see the Downloads page) as well as any and all documentation supporting the information provided in the questionnaire.
- Complete all SACI general admission requirements.
No applicant will be considered who has not provided all the required materials by the scholarship deadline. There are no exceptions. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to submit all materials by the deadline and to make certain that they have been received. Applicants will be notified via letter of scholarship award decisions within the month following the scholarship application deadline.
The SACI Scholarship Brochure can be found on the Downloads page of this website.
It is the policy of Studio Art Centers International (SACI) that no person shall be subject to discrimination in whatever relationship with SACI or BGSU because of disability, age, race, religion, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.